We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are?
SPIN-IT Limited collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use:
Information collected by us
In the course of our business activities as the manufacturers and suppliers of SPIN-IT car turntables and related products, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Commercial Customers: Contact details (individual contact name, business address, telephone number (landline and/or mobile) and email address) provided to us with your order or enquiry/quote request.
- Residential Customers: Contact details (your name, home (and/or delivery) address, telephone number (landline and/or mobile) and email address provided to us with your order, enquiry/quote request.
- Suppliers: Contact details of Suppliers who provide goods or services to us (“the Supply Contract”) as individuals or on behalf of their employer’s business. We also take bank details to make payments which we ensure are carried out securely;
- Marketing: Contact details of individuals who are or have been connected with us and have given personal information to enable us to stay in contact with them.
Information collected from other sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
- We sometimes receive information from a third party acting on behalf of a Customer when placing an order or making an enquiry on the Customer’s behalf.
- Commercial lead generating organisations for business development purposes.
How we use your personal information
- If you are a Customer we use the personal information you give to us to process your order/enquiry and to supply our products to you;
- If you are a Supplier and you have given us personal information we only use that to enable us to contact you about the Supply Contract;
- If you are a Marketing contact (including former customers) we only use the personal information you have given to us to contact you about our services and other information about our organisation that we believe will be relevant and of interest to you.
Who we share your personal information with?
We will only share Customer’s personal information with third parties that you ask us to deal with on your behalf (e.g. builders, architects) or with delivery couriers that we use to deliver products to you.
We do not routinely share Supplier’s information and would only do so to make a recommendation or where a customer asks us for our Supplier’s details in connection with a product we have supplied to them.
We do not share information about our Marketing Contacts.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
If you are a Customer we need your name and other contact details to enable us to process your order or enquiry. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you specifically what information we require.
How long your personal information will be kept
- If you are a Customer we will hold your personal information for at least 6 years (or for the period of any guarantee or warranty given by us, if longer) after we have processed your enquiry or supplied products to you.
- If you are a Supplier we will hold your contact details for at least 6 years after the Supply Contract is completed (or for the period for any guarantee or warranty given by you, if longer) and beyond that we will only keep information for so long as we reasonably think we might need to contact you about further, similar goods and services you might be able to supply to us.
- If you are a Marketing Contact (including former customers) we will hold your contact details only for so long as we reasonably consider that the information we might provide to you is relevant and of interest to you and we will delete your contact details if you ask us to stop sending such information to you or at any time if we have reason to think that the contact details are out of date. We will not continue to hold information about you for longer than 6 years after you last contacted us.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
- If you are a Customer we rely on the fact that it is necessary for us to have and to use that information for the performance of our contract with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
- If you are a Supplier we also rely on our legitimate interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use any personal data (in addition to contractual necessity). Our legitimate interests in this regard are two-fold. Firstly, we might need to contact you about the Supply Contract. Secondly, we might need to contact you about further similar goods and services.
- If you are a Marketing Contact (including former customers), we rely on our legitimate interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are to keep you informed of our products and other information about our organisation that we reasonably consider might be of interest to you. This will be limited to information sent to you by email to your business email address and with every communication you will be given a clear and straightforward option to unsubscribe from further communications and ask us to delete the personal information that we hold about you.
Any unrequested contact by electronic communicating to any personal (not business) address will respect your personal e-privacy rights by being restricted to the use of e-contact details that you provided to us in connection with the supply by us to you of services that you paid us for or enquired about previously and will be limited to the same or similar goods and services.
Consequences of our use of your personal information
We do not believe that there are likely to be any serious consequences of our use of your personal information. The potential consequences that we have identified are:
- The risk of the personal information that we hold about you being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We have taken steps to protect against this (please see further information under the heading “keeping your personal information secure” below).
- You may from time to time receive unsolicited communications from us. However, we do not believe that the frequency, content or manner of these communications will risk any breach of your privacy rights.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We do not intend that any processing of personal information by us will involve it being transferred outside the EU.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us (see contact details below),
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any order, account or reference numbers, if you have them.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published February 2019 (V.1)
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our website.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you please contact:
Unit 1 Brabazon Court
Lichfield Road Ind Est
Tel: +44 (0)800 612 8830
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers. These files are either stored in the memory of your computer or other device such as mobile phones or tablet devices (these cookies are generally known as session cookies) or are placed on the hard drive of your device (generally known as persistent cookies).
For more details about cookies and details of how to delete and disable cookies you can visit www.aboutcookies.org and also see our section on more information and turning cookies off below.
The cookies that we use on our websites only collect anonymous information to optimise our services, and do not collect personal information.
What cookies are on our website?
The cookies on our website generally fall into the following category: Analytical cookies.
Analytical cookies allow us to recognise and to count the number of visitors to our website, to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it and to record which content viewers view and are interested in. This helps us to determine how frequently particular pages and advertisements are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website and/or services. This helps us to improve the service which we offer to you by helping us make sure our users are finding the information they are looking for, and by tracking the success of advertising campaigns on our website.
What analytical cookies do we use?
|WordPress session cookie||This cookie is used by us to identify user sessions between page loads.||This cookie is destroyed each time you close your browser|
|search_id||This cookie is used by us to record location search requests.||This cookie is destroyed each time you close your browser|
|selected_samples||This cookie is used to keep your selected samples selected until the request has been submitted.||This cookie is destroyed once you have submitted a sample request.|
You may reject or delete these cookies by downloading and installing the Google Analytics
Opt-out Browser Add-on available here
Where can I find more information about cookies, and how do I turn cookies off or delete cookies?
- Find out more about cookies including how to disable/enable and delete them at the following website www.aboutcookies.org.